I live in England which means that pretty much everyday is a rainy day, but that also has turned me into an expert on what to do when going outside is a no-go. You’d be surprised with the amount of things there is to do in the house.
- So, first off… baking is never a bad idea. I have more recipe books that I care to admit to, I obviously have to try nearly every recipe in them though, right? So grab your apron and get baking!
- Another of my favourites is colouring. Especially as for christmas Jamie bought me a load of those mindfulness colouring books and a pretty set of colouring pencils. I could honestly sit with them for hours!
- Now I’m not sure I’ve expressed my love for movie days on here enough. Movie days are best thing to do when it’s slightly soggy outside. You get to cosy up with too many blankets and comfort food and movie marathon the day away!
- Spring clean! I know you’ve been dreading it but it can actually be fun. Put some music on and start dancing around with hoover. It’s super therapeutic and when you’re finished, everything will be sparkly and pretty again! Plus, it’s an excuse to put your feet up and do nothing else for the day.
- Read. I can’t recommend this enough. Cosy up on the sofa with a blanket and mug of hot chocolate and lose yourself in your favourite book, or magazine. Before you know it 3 hours have passed!
- Dig out your board games! Sometimes you just need to sit and play a good old fashioned board game. They can be so much fun, especially if there is a few of you.
- Jigsaw time! I love doing puzzles so much, it’s so addicting. You tell yourself you will put a few more pieces down and then leave it for a little bit but you find yourself sat there for hours on end until the very last piece is down.
What do you like to do on a rainy day?