I’m going to pretend that this post is me giving advice to people who are stuck for ideas when buying birthday or anniversary presents or just because presents for people who love books… but really this is just a cheeky post in disguise in case people want to buy me presents. Mwahaha …
Most of these gift ideas come from notonthehighstreet.com and Etsy but I will hyperlink them so you can find them easily, and all links will open in a new tab. Shall we get started?
- Books. Obviously! However this one can be quite tricky because you may not be entirely sure what kind of books they read and enjoy (I enjoy most books by the way, as long as they aren’t gory or scary – just sayin’). So your safest option would be a voucher for a bookstore or anywhere that sells books, for example Waterstones.
- Jane Eyre Birdcage Necklace – The necklace comes on card packaging with the quote ‘I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.’, and well, how adorable is that?
Literary Quotations Perpetual Calendar – I’ve had my eye on this beauty for a very long time. I had it on my christmas list last year but Santa was obviously too busy to drop it off … now I know it’s a little late in the year – or early depending on how you see it – to start buying calendars but why adhere to social standards? Buy yourself a calendar in June, live by your own rules. You rock.
- Books and Tea make me happy mug – Now for me, that would have to say coffee. Coffee and books go hand in hand, the perfect match. But if your book loving friend is partial to a cuppa then this is the gift for them! Plus, it can be customized – perfect.
- Oscar Wilde Quote A5 Notebook – Need I explain? 99% (not an actual statistic but I’m pretty sure it’s true) of book lovers also have an unhealthy obsession with stationary so even if they don’t know it yet, they need this in their life. Who doesn’t?
Custom Book Cover For eReader And Tablet – I don’t actually have an e-reader or kindle so this would be no good for me but it would be the ideal present for someone who is attached to their kindle, and again – you can customize it!
- Tote bag – A quote to live by. But if you have any sense, you’ll read the book first! But how perfect is this?!
- Book Bauble – Okay, this is a revelation. Why have I never come across these before?! These are the most perfect (early) Christmas present for a book nerd (a.k.a me). These are the Alice in Wonderland ones, they do also have Pride and Prejudice ones, but they are currently sold out. Also, they are handmade to order so no one else would have one that looks like yours – how amazing!
- Book Hangover Postcard – Because why not? It’s fun, it’s quirky and it’s a genuine problem that us bookworms face on a regular basis. And it’s on sale, it’s 66p. Woohoo!
- Tequila Mockingbird – Cocktails with a literary twist. How clever! It combines two of my favourite things – reading and cocktails. What more could a booklover want?
On my quest to find the perfect presents for fellow bookworms I came across the most amazing website ever and I just have to share it all with you.. https://booklovergifts.com/
It’s an entire website dedicated for book related gifts and it has become my new favourite thing!
I hope you enjoyed this post as much I did creating it, all that’s left to do now is win the lottery and they shall all be mine!