My mum will be able to vouch for this, I’m crap at cleaning. Well, technically that’s wrong – I can clean, I’m just very lazy! I thought I would share my hacks with the world because I can’t imagine I’m alone with this one..
- Get rid. You’ve probably heard this before but it’s key to lazy cleaning. If you get rid of everything you don’t need, don’t like etc.. then there’s less for you dust and put away.
- Now you’ve decluttered, you can assign everything a place. This way you don’t get put off cleaning and tidying up because you don’t know where to put everything! So, give all your stray make up a home and put your books on the bookcase!
- Clean up as you go – wash your dishes as you create them and put the laundry away once you washed it. Otherwise you’ll dump it down and then be faced with the daunting task of putting EVERYTHING away.
- ’10 minute pick up’ – spend around about 10 minutes each evening picking up and putting away everything from the day. You should have assigned everything a home by now so this should be super easy!
- Clean the shower whilst you’re in it! Genius, right?
- Waiting for the kettle to boil for that all important cuppa? Wipe down the surfaces or put away those dishes you slaved over a few hours (or days) ago. Time saving and productive, don’t worry – I got ya.
- Put some music on. I don’t what it is but the second there’s some music in the background, my productivity levels shoot up!
You’ve got no excuses now, go and put a load of washing on!